Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Well, hi there!

This is my first post... How scary! Well, actually, I must confess that this is not the first time I have posted something ever... you see, late last summer, I decided that I wanted to start a blog, but I don't think I had properly mentally prepared myself. I wanted a really committed beauty blog where I strictly talked about beauty and only beauty. BUT the thing is that I'm broke as a joke and it was just too much of a struggle to constantly have things to talk about.
So this time I'm not going to commit myself to any one thing; I'm going to do whatever the hell I want and no one can stop me. Maybe this time around it will be a bit more fun. I hope. Another thing that I'm going to do this time is not restrict my talking. I'm quite the blabber and I really enjoy just going on and on and on and on about things-things that, more often than not, do not pertain to the point. I'm a lot better prepared for this time around, really, I am. I have a properly functioning laptop and a shit ton of time on my hands-pardon my french.
Basically, this time around SHOULD be a lot smoother than the last. I say should because, let's face it-I'm a fickle thing. My desires come and go and in a few months, I may very well decide that I no longer want to write posts on the internet. I have no promises for the future.
Is it a good idea to now say why I have named my blog What a Yank? It's because I'm American. Woot woot! Incase you don't know what a yank is, here's what Urban Dictionary had to say;

1. A term used by the British to describe all Americans. 
2. A term used by American Southerners to a. describe Union Forces during the American Civil War; b. Post Civil War reference to Americans from non-Southern States. 
3. Slang for male masterbastion. 
4. A term to describe pulling something very hard and fast (see number 3)

I saw that and thought, Hm... Fitting. I am a northern American with an immature sense of humor. I'll use it! Truth be told, I don't know stereotypically American I really am (I'm not fat or entirely stupid), but that's not what matters, okay?

Alright, I think that's all I have to say for now. What's to come? I do not know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Talk to you later?

No comments:

Post a Comment